As one of the trademark leading Vietnamese law firms, we are capable of assisting you with handling procedure and our fee schedule in relation to the trademark registration proceeding in Vietnamas follows:
1. FEE SCHEDULE
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
2. PROCEDURE AND TIMELINE
In Vietnam, the duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is round 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages (1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3 months); (2) examination as to substance (9 months) and (3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2 months).
Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
3. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION
– Name and address of the the Applicant;
– List of Goods/Services;
– Specimen of the applied mark (in soft copy);
– An original Power of Attorney (POA).
– For Vietnamese applications, the POA is simply signed by the Applicant only. Please further noted that a scanned/faxed copy of the POA is acceptable upon filing provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date;
– In Vietnam class headings and/or general description of designated goods/services are not applicable. The G/S should be correlative to those having code number listed in the Nice classification 10th edition.
We hope the above is of your assistance. Should you have any inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you very soon.
Get in touch with us