As the leading intellectual property law firm in Vietnam, SBLAW is capable of assisting you with handling all IP matters in Vietnam in an efficient and cost-competitive manner.
We would like to advise you on procedure and our fee schedule in relation to the trademark in Vietnam as follows:
1. OUR FEE SCHEDULE
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
Below is the breakdown of charges for registering a trademark in Vietnam in a smooth case, for your consideration:
|1. Fee for filing an application for one class of products/services with up to 6 products in each class–Fee for each additional class of products/services in the application(05) |
-Fee for each additional products in exceed of 6 in each class (if any)
| 40.00 |
|2. Fee for granting a registration certificate for one trademark in one class of products/service;- for each additional class of products/service in the application|| |
TOTAL with bold itmes:
In words: Two hundred and five US dollars
Note: The above-quoted fees do not include 5% VAT, bank charge (USD20) and actual communication cost (USD30-40).
In case of any office action or any possible opposition which may occur during the application prosecution, an additional charge would be incurred, upon the your approval.
2. PROCEDURE AND TIMELINE
The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is around 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages
(1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3 months);
(2) examination as to substance (9 months) and
(3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2 months).
Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
3. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION
– Name and address of the Applicant;
– List of Goods/Services;
– Specimen of the applied mark;
– An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed by the Applicant (our form in attachment) (Please be informed that a scanned/faxed copy of the Power of Attorney is acceptable upon filing provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date).
Get in touch with us