Client: I knew your company through the Internet .We are a button factory from Malaysia who ss interested in opening a company in VN.
Please advise the procedures & costs of setting a Company here, Our plan is to set up a company Then expand into setting up a factory if proved Financially worthwhile.
Lawyer: This is reference to your email from which, we understand that your Company (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) is now seeking legal advices for establishment of wholly foreign invested company (hereinafter referred to as “FIC”) for trading button products in Vietnam.
We therefore are grateful to present you our Legal Services Proposal for your review and consideration.
1. SCOPE OF WORKS
1.1. General Introduction
Under Vietnam Law, in order to setup a FIC, you must apply for an Investment Certificate (“IC”). IC shall be deemed as the Certificate of Incorporation of FIC in Vietnam. IC shall be subjected to the business activities to be carried out by FIC in Vietnam.
With the respect to the importation and trading activities of FIC, according to the Item 1, Article No. 4 of Decree No.23/2007/ND-CP dated 12 February 2007 of the Government providing regulation for implementation of commercial law regarding purchase and sale of goods and activities directly related to the purchase and sale of goods by enterprises with foreign owned capital in Vietnam (Hereinafter referred to as “Decree No.23/2007/ND-CP”), foreign investors who satisfy following conditions shall be entitled to license for activities of trading in Vietnam:
– It is an investor belonging to a country or territory participating in an international treaty of which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a member and in such treaty Vietnam has undertaken to open the market on activities of purchase and sale of goods and activities directly related to purchase and sale of goods;
– The form of investment is consistent with the schedule/s undertaken in international treaties of which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a member and is consistent with the law of Vietnam;
– The goods and services in which business is conducted are consistent with Vietnam’s undertaking to open the market and are consistent with the law of Vietnam;
– The scope of operation is consistent with Vietnam’s undertaking to open the market and is consistent with the law of Vietnam;
– It has approval from the State body authorized in Vietnam.
In addition, under Vietnam WTO’s Commitments, from the year of 2009, foreign investor is entitled to join goods import and trading activities in Vietnam. Thailand has been a member of WTO. Thus, Client is entitled to setup a FIC for importing and trading home based water purifier in Vietnam.
We also would like to note that, trading goods is considered as conditional investment sector in Vietnam and therefore following key factors shall be taken in account:
– Capital: Vietnam Law does not stipulate minimum capital amount for this industries. However, according to our practical experience in previous case, an amount of 500,000USD should be reasonable;
– Parent Company must have positive business operation result in at least 02 recent years. This must be evidenced by audited Financial Statements for 02 recent years.
– Parent Company must be experienced in the field at least 03 years.
– Head office address of the FIC in Vietnam must be compliant with master plan of Vietnam.
With the reference to road map for obtaining IC, it can be described as follows:
a. Preparing the application dossier: We shall collect necessary information and documents from you. Upon receipt of necessary information and documents from you, we shall translate documents from English into Vietnamese and prepare the application dossier under the standard forms. The initial drafted application dossier shall be sent to you for your comments. Then, after updating the application dossier based on your comments, we shall obtain the preliminary comments from the competent authority and send the finalized application dossiers for you to sign and seal. We anticipate that this phase shall be completed within 7 working days. The prepared documents shall then be sent to you for review, signing and seal.
b. Submission of application dossier: Within 02 working days from receipt of duly signed and sealed application dossier, we shall submit the application dossier to the competent authority. It shall take about 2-3 months from submission of application dossier for the provincial licensing authority to grant the IC.
c. Post licensing: Within 13 working days we shall complete the post licensing procedures such as placing establishment of FIC on News Paper, Tax code registration and obtaining Seal Sample.
1.2. Our scope of work
In light above, following works are proposed based on the request of Client. However, depending on the specific position/situation of Client, several work items may not be necessary. Meanwhile, other works may be required. However, any additional works shall not fall under the scope of this Legal Service Proposal, but could be provided upon request.
Preparation of the application documents:
Notifying application documents required in accordance with Vietnamese law;
Drafting application documents required for submission purpose in English language;
Liaising with you to discuss the draft application documents;
Amending the application documents based on your comments;
Obtaining preliminary comments from the licensing authority on the draft application documents;
Finalizing the application documents following comments from the licensing authority; and
Translating the final version of the application documents into Vietnamese for execution.
Submitting the application dossier to the licensing authority on your behalf;
Monitoring and following up with the relevant authorities on the approval process;
Keeping you updated on the developments and additional requirements, if any; and
Assisting you in obtaining Investment Certificate.
Placing an announcement on establishment of FIC in the newspaper;
Obtaining Tax Code Registration for FIC;
Obtaining Seal Sample and Certificate of Seal Sample Registration. 4.
The Deliverables will include documents prepared in English. Vietnamese Version shall be provided if the document is required for submission to licensing bodies. Client will review, approve and where necessary sign these documents.
Get in touch with us