Question: We wish to inform that in the month of March we plan to launch our herbal cosmetics products in Vietnam market. We are in the process of preparing cost and budget for this venture.
In view of this we would like to know the legal cost and your fees to register our products in Vietnam. What are the requirement that we must provide you for registration. Also, what are
other issues expected from manufacture, such as, certificates, processes and other practices that are mandatory to enter Vietnam market.
Answer: I am Lawyer of SB Law. I was entrusted to provide you legal advice regarding to registration of cosmetic products in Vietnam.
Please see our comments as follows:
– Firstly, for registration of a cosmetic product in Vietnam, you must have a Vietnamese Entity to act as product registration holder. If you do not have this entity, we can connect you with service company. Most of them are logistic company and they shall provide you full service including transportation, custom clearance, warehouse etc.
– Our fee for registration of cosmetic product shall be 400USD. Our fee is inclusive of government fees and charges and is exclusive of 10% VAT.
– It shall take us about 35 days from submission of application dossier to MOH to complete the product registration.
– Documents that you have to provide us shall be: (i) A legalized copy of Certificate of Free Sale issued by competent authority in the country where the product is manufactured; (ii) A legalized copy of a Power of Attorney issued by the Manufacturer to authorize the Vietnamese Entity to register the product in Vietnam; (iii) Information about: Product name, Brand name of the product, use of product; ingredient list and ratio thereof.
– Registration of each cosmetic product shall reflect (i) Ingredient list; (ii) Ratio of ingredient; (iii) Product name; (iv) Brand name; (v) usage; (vi) name and address of manufacturer; (vii) name and address of importer. Then, if there is any change regarding to one of above said section, you must have separate registration for it.
– For prudence, before proceeding with registration of cosmetic product, please send us information about ingredient list and ratio thereof so that we can check whether the product can be registered under Vietnam Law or not.