As one of the leading Vietnamese trademark law firms, we are capable of assisting you with handling all IP matters in Vietnam in an efficient and cost-competitive manner.
SBLAW would like to advise you procedure and our fee schedule in relation to the trademark registration proceeding in Vietnam as follows:
1. FEE SCHEDULE FOR REGISTERING TRADEMARK
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
2. PROCEDURE AND TIMELINE FOR PROTECTION OF TRADEMARK
The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is round 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages
(1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette ( 3 months);
(2) examination as to substance (9 months) and
(3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2 months).
Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
3. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION
– Name and address of the the Applicant;
– Specimen of the applied mark;
– An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed by the Applicant.
– List of Goods/Services;
Get in touch with us