Question: Our company is seeking to register for trademark protection in Vietnam.
1,Kindly let us have all the relevant forms and documents required for the aforesaid trademark application.
2, Please let us know what are the documents and information you require from our side.
3, May we have your professional fees and charges for the aforesaid trademark application from search up to obtaining the certificate and the related costs.
Regarding your enquiries concerning the subject matter, we would like to advise you on procedure and our updated fee schedule in relation to the trademark registration proceeding in Vietnam as follows:
- Fee schedule
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
Below is the breakdown of charges for registering a trademark for 01 trademark in 01 class in Vietnam, in a smooth case, for your consideration:
1.1. Trademark search (Optional)
|1. Fee for conducting one trademark searchin one class (optional)||—||100.00|
One hundred and twenty five US dollars and five cents
– The above-quoted fees include 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges ($US30.00).
– There is no additional fee for items from 7th one in trademark search
1.2. Trademark registration
|1. Fee for filing an application in 01 class within 6 items||65.00||150.00|
|– For each additional good/service from the 7th goods/services in each class (if any)||10.00||3.00|
|2. Fee for granting certificate in 01 class||22.00||50.00|
|Total (sum of Items in bold)
Two hundred and eighty seven US dollars
- The official fee has increased in accordance with Circular No. 263/2016/TT-BTC from January 01st, 2017.
- The above-quoted fees do not include 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges ($US 30.00) and actual communication costs ($US 40.00). In case of any office action or possible opposition which may occur during the application proceedings, an additional charge may be incurred, upon your approval.
- Procedure and timeline
The duration of a trademark searches is around 05 – 10 working days. The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is around 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages (1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3-4 months); (2) examination as to substance (9-12 months) and (3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2-4 months). Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
- Required documents and information
- Name and address of the Applicant; (Please advise)
- List of Goods/Services (Please advise)
- Specimen of the applied mark (in e-copy only) (Please advise)
- An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed by the Applicant. Please be informed that a scanned/faxed copy of the Power of Attorney is acceptable upon filing provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date.