According to Circular No. 41/2013/TT-BTNMT dated December 2, 2014 of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, eco-label criteria applied for environment- friendly products (Vietnam green label) corresponding to every product group pronounced by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment.
It consists of two principal contents: Compliance with Laws on Environmental Protection and Labor of organizations, individuals doing manufacture or trade; impact of the whole life circle of a product, from the process of exploiting materials, production, distribution, use and after being disposed shall cause less pollution to the environment in comparison with other same type of products.
The Circular also clearly states that sticking of Vietnam Green Label is a voluntary activity, not under the scope of regulation of Laws on labeling of goods.
The enterprises wish to have Vietnam Green Label stuck on their products shall send dossiers for registration on certification of Vietnam Green Label to Vietnam Environment Administration.
The Vietnam Environment Administration shall take responsibility to publicize the Decision on certification of Vietnam Green Label for products being certified on the Environmental Magazine, on other documents propagandizing and publicizing Vietnam Green Label and the webpage of the Vietnam Environment Administration.
A dossier for registration of Vietnam Green Label shall comprise:
– (01) request for certification of Vietnam Green Label as specified in the sample;
– (01) original copy of the Report on environmental protection activities of the enterprise or a (01) certified-true copy of a valid certificate of conformity with the national standard of TCVN ISO 14001;
– (01) original copy of a Report on assessment of products satisfied criteria of Vietnam Green Label as specified by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment for each category of products, enclosed with testing results issued by the testing organization with a validity not exceeding six (06) months since the date of receiving a valid dossier of registration by the Vietnam Environment Administration;
– (01) certified-true copy of the certificate of registration of goods label
– (01) photocopy or drawing of industrial design of products having dimension of 21 cm x 29 cm.
This Circular takes effect on January 15, 2014
To download Circular, please click this link: 54935_41-2013-TT-BTNMT
Get in touch with us