We understand that currently you is looking for a professional law firm to carry out the registration procedure of a science and technology enterprise. Therefore, we are grateful to set our legal services proposal for your review and consideration as follows:
- Scope of works
Our scope of work shall be as follows:
1.1. Preparation of the technology transfer contract and application documents:
(i) Notifying required information and documents in accordance with Vietnamese law;
(ii) Drafting technology transfer contract and application documents required for submission purpose;
(iii) Liaising with Client to discuss the draft contract and application documents;
(iv) Amending the contract and application documents based on Client’s comments;
(v) Obtaining preliminary comments from the licensing authority on the draft application documents;
(vi) Finalizing the application documents following comments from the licensing authority.
1.2. Licensing procedures:
(i) Submitting the application dossier to the licensing authority on Client’s behalf;
(ii) Monitoring and following up with the relevant authorities on the approval process;
(iii) Keeping Client updated on the developments and additional requirements, if any; and
(iv) Receiving result from the competent authority and hand over to Client.
- Performance time:
2.1. Drafting technology transfer contract and preparing dossier for contract registration:
We shall collect information and documents from you. Upon receipt of necessary information, we shall draft the technology transfer contract based on your requirements and purpose in the target transaction. The initial drafted contract shall be sent to you for your comments. Then, after finalizing the contract based on your comments, we shall prepare the application dossier to register the contract with the Ministry of Science and Technology. We anticipate that this phase shall be completed within 10 working days.
2.2. Licensing Procedure:
– Carrying out registration of technology transfer contract: Upon receipt of duly application dossier and the final contract, we shall submit the application dossier to the Ministry of Science and Technology. Within 30 working days from submission of application dossiers to Licensing Agency, Client shall obtain the Certificate of Technology Transfer Contract Registration.
– Carrying business registration of science and technology enterpirse: Upon receipt of Certificate of Technology Transfer Contract Registration, we shall prepare the dossier for registration of science and technology enterpirse. After receiving all documents signed and stamped, we will submit the application to Department of Science and Technology of Binh Dinh province. From the date of submitting valid application, the Client will receive Certificate of Science and Technology Enterprise. We anticipate that this phase shall be completed within 60 working days.
For avoidance of any doubt, in practice, the administrative procedure can be longer due to that the competent authority must consult relevant ministries before granting license. In such case, SB Law shall try our best to accelerate the progress in order to obtain the approval at the soonest.
- Service fees and payment
3.1. Service Fees
– Service fees for drafting and registering technology transfer contract with the Ministry of Science and Technology is: VND 84,150,000 (including 10% VAT)
– Service fees for registration of science and technology enterprise is: VND 239,150,000 (including 10% VAT)
– 1st Installment Payment: Within 05 (five) working days from the signing date of Legal Service Contract between Client and SB Law, Client shall pay SB Law an advance payment which is equivalent to 60% of the service fee
– 2nd Installment Payment: Within 05 (five) working days from the date of SB Law’s completion of work scope, Client shall pay SB Law the remaining 40% of the service fee and other related fees (if any)
Client will immediately notify SB Law of when actual payment(s) will be made on the amount specified in the invoice(s). SB Law will start working only upon receipt of payment of the respective invoice(s). Alternatively, SB Law reserves the right to withdraw the service if payment is not received 10 days after the date of the invoice. Further, in the event payments are not received by the payable date, SB Law reserves the right to suspend services and/or levy and collect a late payment fee of 0.5% per month up to the date of receipt of payment by SB Law.