Work permit in Vietnam for shareholder of company.


Question: Hi. I’m planning to establish a company in Vietnam and would need to apply for a work permit. I’m French citizen and consultant for more than 15 years.

What would be the procedure and time frame and how much would it cost to get a 1 or 2 year work permit as the director in my own company? Many thanks.

Answer: This is reference to your email below.

As your request, we would like to advise you as follows:

Under Vietnam Law, if you setup your owned company in Vietnam (you are recorded as Shareholder/Member/Owner of the Company), you do not need to obtain work permit to work for your Company in Vietnam.