According to the provisions of Resolution 50/NQ-CP dated May 20, 2021 on the Action Program to implement the Resolution of the 13th National Congress of the Party, the Government has officially assigned the Ministry of Home Affairs to carry out the task “Building and implementing a new salary regime”; in the period from 2021 to 2025.
According to such assignment, the Ministry of Home Affairs has issued (i) Circular 02/2021/TT-BNV stipulating codes, professional and professional standards and salary classification for specialized civil servants. administrative and clerical staff (hereinafter referred to as “Circular 02”) and (ii) Circular 03/2021/TT-BNV amending and supplementing the regular salary increase regime, raising the previous salary level time limit and allowance for seniority beyond the framework for cadres, civil servants, public employees and employees (hereinafter referred to as “Circular 03”).
It is expected that Circular 02 and Circular 03 shall take effect from August 1, 2021 and
August 15, 2021, respectively.
1. Salary arrangement for the rank of civil servants specializing in administration
|Article 14 Circular 02 stipulates as
a. For the Senior Professional category, the salary scale for civil servants is grade A3, group 1 (A3.1), from a salary coefficient of 6.20 to 8.00;
b. The Main Specialist rank applies the salary scale for civil servants grade A2, group 1 (A2.1), from the salary coefficient 4.40 to 6.78;
|c. For the Specialist rank, the salary scale of the civil servant class A1 applies, from the salary coefficient of 2.34 to 4.98;
d. The Civil Service Class applies the A0-class civil servant salary table, from the salary coefficient 2.10 to 4.89;
e. Employee rank applies the salary scale of class B civil servants, from the salary coefficient 1.86 to 4.06.
2. Salary arrangement for civil servants specializing in clerical work
If a civil servant with a college degree or higher is recruited into a job position requiring the corresponding civil servant rank, which is the rank of intermediate clerk, he/she shall be classified into level 2 of this rank (Particularly during the probationary period, they are entitled to 85% of the salary level 2 of the librarian level rank)
3. Changing the salary increase regime of civil servants and public employees
According to Circular 03, the salary increase regime of civil servants and public employees have many changes from August 15, 2021. Particularly:
- Supplement the time for military service as a condition for consideration of a regular salary increase.
- Supplementing the probationary period, the time of desertion when serving military service, the probationary period in the case of being sentenced to prison but serving a suspended sentence, the time off from work until full retirement age are not counted as a condition for a regular salary increase.
- The standard of a regular salary increase: Must be evaluated and graded by the competent authority at the level of task completion or higher.
- Do not perform two consecutive wage increase before the deadline established by the outstanding achievements in performing their duties.
- Supplement the subjects that are entitled to the seniority allowances regime exceeding the frame: Those who work under the labor contract regime in administrative agencies and public non-business units, with an agreement in the salary-ranking labor contract according to the provisions of Decree 204.public non-business units, with an agreement in the salary-ranking labor contract according to the provisions of Decree 204.
Note: This Legal Update shall not be considered as legal advice of SB Law for any case. Its contents are solely focused on providing and citing the most important information to the mentioned legal issue at the time of publication. SB Law will not take any responsibility related to the citation, use of part or all of the content of this Legal Update for any purpose other than the purpose of reference and information update. For legal advice, please feel free to contact SB Law for further instructions.