We understand that your company would like to become a master franchise from an oversea franchise. Accordingly, the oversea franchisor must register their franchise activity at Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) before taking any franchise action in Vietnam.
For the foregoing, our scope of work will include:
– Registering the franchise operation at MOIT;
– Drafting the Master franchise agreement;
Regarding the franchise activity between Vietnamese parties, please be informed that it is not required to register this activity at the authorized agency. However, the franchisor is required to file an annual report to Department of Industry and Trade of province where your company is located.
1. The required documents for registering Franchise Activity
In order to register the franchise activity, the franchisor is required to provide us the following documents/information:
- 03 origins of Power of Attorney signed by the authorized representative of the Franchisor (notarization and legalization are required);
- 03 the introduction of the franchise system (drafted by SBLAW);
- 02 a sample of Franchise Agreement.
- 03 notarized and legalized copies of the business certificate of the franchisor or the similar documents;
- 03 notarized and legalized copies of the certificate of intellectual property registration in Vietnam (if any);
- The organization chart of the franchisor.
- 03 notarized and legalized copies of the audited financial statement for the most fiscal year;
2. The time frame for registering the franchise activity
|1||Drafting the Master franchise agreement and its Annexes||7-15 working days after receiving your instruction|
|2||Registering the franchise operation at MOIT||30-90 days after filing the dossier to MOIT|
Note: The above time frames are exclusive time for notarizing and/or legalizing documents, translating from English into Vietnamese.
3. Estimated fee
Our fee for taking the aforementioned actions will be calculated as the following table:
|No||Work||Official Fee (USD)||Agency fee (USD)|
|1||Drafting the Master franchise agreement and its Annexes if required||–||2,500.00|
|2||Registering the franchise operation at MOIT||770.00||3,000.00|
|3||Filing annual report at DOIT between Vietnamese parties||1,000.00|
Note: The aforementioned fees are exclusive 10% VAT of our agency fee and translation from English to Vietnamese: $US6/100 words.